CAREER MANAGEMENT COACHING
Career Management Coaching for Executives and Mid-Career Professionals
Are you an executive or mid-career professional who feels stuck in your career? Are you trying to figure out your next step at your current organization? Perhaps you are looking at opportunities outside your organization, but find yourself spending hours online looking for jobs with no results? Let’s have a conversation to see if career coaching is a fit for your goals.
Over the course of my career, I have seen many industries and held many roles (e.g., management consultant, brand manager, sales manager) on several continents. Throughout these experiences, I have found professional fulfillment from my career and have enjoyed counseling others on how to do the same. Ready, Set, Launch LLC® is dedicated to inspiring you to get the career you want – whether by demystifying the job search process, evaluating your options with your current employer, developing a career management strategy, assisting you with a retirement transition or helping you start or grow your small business.
Career coaching is my passion, and my goal is to support you in your career. I will help you define and refine your career interests, clarify your strategy to achieve goals, articulate an actionable plan, and then work with you to execute the plan to land that next job, promotion or career change. I can also work with you to start your small business. Whether you are an executive, in a mid-career transition, or reentering the workforce, I will customize a program that meets your unique and specific needs.
Career Planning + Professional Self-Awareness Analysis
Where you to begin? Let’s take a look in the mirror to understand your strengths, motivations, skills and interests.
Job Search Strategy Development + Outreach Tactics
Having order and a clear process is critical to a successful job search! Let’s work together to target specific sectors, industries, employers and roles.
Classic Job Search v. Alternative Job Search v. Retirement Transition
We will work together to help you transition to a new job with your current organization or another organization. Depending on your needs and interests, we can also explore a transition into retirement or perhaps starting your own business or solo-practice.
Executive Resume + LinkedIn
This is a key part of your personal brand and I look forward to helping you tell your professional story. I will work closely with you to create a customized executive resume and LinkedIn profile, so that you are communicating your talents in the best way possible. View my webinar on resume writing.
My Personalized Resume Process
1) Questionnaire – Key Accomplishments - In advance of a phone interview, I ask you to complete a questionnaire to describe the 3-4 things you are most proud of in your career, regardless of when they happened. If you are applying for a specific job, feel free to think of the 3 most important aspects of the job and how your accomplishments might match up.
2) Interview – Our interview will be a review of your questionnaire responses along with understanding your current resume. This interview can take place either in-person or via phone. Usually interviews take 60-90 minutes.
3) Draft Delivery and Versioning - My resume writing style is to report what you have achieved. It is not about being “flashy”, but rather a summary of core challenges, stakeholders, actions, and accomplishments, so a reader can get a sense of your skills, values, relationships and personal brand. In 7-10 business days, I send you a resume draft, and we begin the editing process until the facts are right and you believe it to be “game ready”. Unlike other resume writers that limit you to a certain number of document revisions, I do not have a limit on document revisions.
4) Get External Feedback - You send your resume to 3 people in your professional circle who would be in a position to hire you for input. I remain at the ready to incorporate the feedback.
5) Final Version - Your resume is ready to go
We will review the job spec together to anticipate interview questions and will work on your message and your ability to connect with your interviewer. We will simulate a “real interview,” to increase your confidence with the process View my webinar on preparing for an interview.
What should you be asking for? Let’s work together to negotiate a compensation package.
You have the new job, now lets make sure you get off to the right start!
Managing Change at Work
We will develop strategies to ensure that you are positioning yourself for success as your workplace evolves. How are you managing your internal stakeholders?
Annual Review Preparation
Be recognized and rewarded for your accomplishments. Let’s work on how to articulate your achievements.