With a corporate sales and marketing background, Jason Levin recognizes classic road blocks and provides actionable tools for your professionals to create and achieve their goals.
Jason Levin designs his keynotes and trainings thinking about the customer first.
He has delivered keynotes, TED style talks, workshops and seminars on career advancement and business development topics to Fortune 500 corporations, Amlaw 100 law firms, federal and state government agencies, employers, national conferences and professional associations including:
Jason is a rock star! He’s incredibly talented in his work with both individuals and organizations.
I am a senior partner and practice leader at one of the largest executive search and talent solutions firms in the world, and he recently facilitated our practice retreat. He was phenomenal in working with a diverse group and ensuring relevancy for everyone. He not only provided us with very tangible advice, but also helped us reflect and envision broad strategic opportunities.
- Divina Gamble, Partner, Korn Ferry
SPEAKING + TRAINING TOPICS
Are you looking to move up in your organization? Are you looking to decide on your next career move?
In theory, most of us understand that so-called networking is essential to career success. In reality, most of us do not practice true networking. Education around how “to network” tends to focus on explaining how to navigate events or use social media, and not enough time or attention is spent on the process and goals around managing and nourishing existing relationships. This talk takes a thoughtful and tactical look at the most essential elements of managing relationships.
To get a sense of my approach to this topic, click on this networking webinar.
Do you work in professional services? Certainly, you have unique skills, talents, abilities, ideas and interests. You have likely grown in your organization because of your technical expertise in professional services (e.g., as law, accounting, or consulting). Taking that next step in your firm or company likely means that you need to become more seasoned at business development.
It is too easy to listen to conventional wisdom and talk yourself out of business development activities:
- As an introvert, how I can honestly develop business?
- I don’t have time for business development…
- Business development is for other people…
Lets take a thoughtful and tactical look at getting your business development activities off the ground. This seminar helps you address issues including:
- How to recognize an opportunity for your area of practice;
- What you actually need in your plan of attack;
- How to carve time in the busiest of schedules to move your strategies forward; and
- How to engage internal champions to support your efforts.
You have reached the final frontier in your job search. Background music, maestro: The job interview! If it goes well, a potential job awaits. How is it that some candidates “stand out” and create a unique connection with a potential employer? Great candidates approach their interview no differently than famous talk show hosts approach their upcoming interviews. There is a short period of time to articulate their unique value and to elicit key stories and experiences from the person in front of them.
This seminar reviews interviewing best practices and answers questions including:
- How should you ask for and properly use an informational interview with a potential employer?
- What should you really do to prepare for an interview?
- How do you correctly balance both answering and asking questions during an interview?
- What are the nuances of a panel, video, phone screen or Skype interview?
- How do you channel your inner talk show host to stand out with your interviewer?
To get a sense of my approach to this topic, view this interview webinar.
Cultivating Mentors and Sponsors to Move Your Career Forward
As an executive or professional, you probably understand how vital mentors and sponsors are to advancing your career interests. But how do you build these important relationships? How much time do you spend pursuing these people? What should you be asking for? Whom do you ask and how you manage those conversations?
Get the Meeting!: Cultivating Mentors and Sponsors to Move Your Career Forward takes a thoughtful and tactical look at the most essential elements of mentorship and sponsorship. This seminar helps you answer questions including:
- What are the fundamental differences between mentors and sponsors?
- How can mentors benefit your career?
- How can sponsors benefit your career?
- How can you initiate meetings that allow you to cultivate the mentors and sponsors who can help your career?
- How can you manage expectations of your mentor or sponsor?
To get a sense of my approach to this topic, view this mentor/sponsor webinar.
When most people think of a brand, they think of popular products or companies – breakfast cereals, soft drinks, and department stores. For your career, a brand can be so much more – a means to a promotion, a career change, business development, or boosting your services for a side business. In this session, learn about the business of brands, how to learn from consumer marketing, and how to translate these lessons into your own personal brand development.
This seminar helps you answer questions including:
- What is the relationship between consumer marketing and personal marketing
- How do I go about enhancing my personal brand in my organization and my industry?
- How can I use feedback to enhance my personal brand?
- How can I find brand ambassadors in my organization?
To get a sense of my approach to this topic, view this personal brand webinar